Wednesday 27 September 2023

*** PODCAST #131 Hillsboro ***


     I first heard about HILLSBORO because of a member's father, which is a new one. After being invited to the show by another band, I knew I was in for a treat when I saw HILLSBORO was on the bill. It ended up being a really sick show (all the details/videos are here) and I met a bunch of awesome people that I'm still basking in. Dexter (aka son of friend) paid me a visit before I left the show at my distro "table" thanking me for coming out and saying that his dad said "hi". Honestly, it was super cute and vitally important as I tracked the band down in the parking lot to spill my guts and offer future help. Now their debut 12"LP has been released and they're coming back from a very successful US tour with a final show on Friday September 29th at Green Auto Body in Vancouver. Please see the band live or maybe even snag a 12" from Softseed Music (linked here). Amongst the cackles and laughter, we discuss: the probability of No Doubt, removed from popular culture, the Soundcloud movement, Youtube copyright complaints, an abundance of car crashes, Semi-Professional Classical Orchestra...the band, gear acquisition syndrome, an Ashley Macisaac story, the best and worst Hillsboro songs, touching on screamo, band recommendations, upcoming plans, etc. Bands played in this podcast: Bleary Eyed, Blue Youth, David Bowie, Leer, and Valentina Bludgeoned. Listen to podcast #131 which is available to stream and/or download for free via this link.

HILLSBORO


1 Yanking of Chains and the Birth of Coolness
BLEARY EYED "Tree" (Dexter)

2 My Dad Starts Mosh Pits
BLUE YOUTH "The Power" (Dave)

3 Triumphant and Stinky (mostly stinky)
DAVID BOWIE "Heroes" (Nima) [official music video]

4 Hillsboro Goes Screamo
LEER "As Cool as Attempted Suicide" (Dave)
VALENTINA BLUDGEONED "Twenty's Song" (Nima)

~Dave

live video "White Trash" (aka The Pirate Song)


music video "Exit Plan"


music video "Dissolve"


music video "Closer"

____________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment