Sunday 22 October 2023

*** HEXIS + TRAUMA MODEL + JISEI show review ***

HEXIS / TRAUMA MODEL / JISEI


Victoria Event Centre in Victoria on September 23rd, 2023

Live Show Review

     Full disclosure, this was the most stressful event I've ever put on. Booking a venue in Victoria can be super hard and expensive, and if it's something you're looking for, please note that I will decline. With that out of the way, I enjoyed myself, saw some sick bands, met some cool people I had wanted to meet for some time now, and watched Luca eat his first all-dressed potato chip.

JISEI
     Literally the only place I could find to host the event (after the first venue double-booked and then cancelled my reservation) allowed a two-band bill max. Luckily after some back and forth I was able to get local talent JISEI on the bill as an opener. Their two-piece chaos outfit was a lotta fun to watch, and hearing the vocal abilities of Leda is kind of absurd in the best possible way.
(2023) JISEI "41% Burnt (live)" (from 'Big Money Cybergrind' comp)
For fans of: grindy/deathy myspace stuff


^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^

TRAUMA MODEL
I chatted it up hard with these three super nice dudes from Kingston, Ontario. When they got on stage though, holy fuck that's just carnage. Playing down-tuned and with the gutteralest of vocals, they flew through some sludgy deathcore mixed with riffs that reminded me of Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza with Advent vocals.
(2023) TRAUMA MODEL "I.C.E (live)" (from 'Suffering Soul')
For fans of: mathy, sludgy, deathcore



^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^

HEXIS
Destruction from Denmark, Hexis has been killin' it for a decade now. I've seen them in Croatia and Nanaimo, being blown away both time by the sheer ferocity of their live show. Drawing on chaotic hardcore and black metal, it sounds like a bit of a cross between Celeste and AmenRa, and is and endless assault on the senses. This band tours more than any other band I know so please check out a gig next time they roll through anywhere near you.
(2023) HEXIS "Letum" (from 'AETERNUM')


^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^

No comments:

Post a Comment