Saturday 20 June 2020

***2020 OMSB mp3 Mix #7 (July)***

(((((OPENmind/SATURATEDbrain)))))
June 2020 updates

***
Okay straight-up, since COVID I've been in overdrive and am burning out fast. Having my two kids home with no school occupies my days and Zegema Beach Records occupies my nights. I will keep doing this cuz I love it, but as summer approaches I will forced to do about 1-2 posts per week. If school is full-on come September I can get back on track, otherwise this is the new norm. I'm tossing out the blog mixes unless someone actually complains, cuz I don't think they are really downloaded and it takes a good hour to get everything in order. In the future I will use the posts as a recap and give exclusive Zegema Beach Records news and contests.

SUPPORT BLACK LIVES MATTER and please EDUCATE YOURSELF


Here's the tracklisting for OMSB mix#5 that was reviewed in May/June:

1) KUROI AME - "Black Rain"

2) STREGA MORTA - "Hedge Apple"

3) DEAD HOUR NOISE - "In Shackles"

4) VON WOLFE - "The Great Kneer"

5) BURIAL DANCE - "A Shadow"

Much love,

Dave @ (((((OPENmind/SATURATEDbrain)))))

______________________________________

ZBR Store/Bandcamp

NUVOLASCURA - 'As We Suffer From Memory And Imagination' LP
OKTOBER SKYLINE - 'Diskokraphy' LP
cassette (order here for US / here for everywhere else)
(listen here)



MATTACHINE - 'Isolation as a Form of Torture' EP
BLUE NOISE - 'World of Harm' LP


CROSSED - 'Barely Buried Love' LP
MAHRIA - 'Analemma' cassetteLP

________________________________________________________________________

***Interviews/live shows/premieres coming up this month for sure:
- Seb Alvarez (of Meth. / Virgin Mother / Carnivores At Grace / etc.) podcast
- Jesse Mowery (of In Wolves' Clothing / Apostles Of Eris / Majorel / etc.) podcast
- Sean Leary (of Loma Prieta / Elle / Stormlight / etc.) podcast
- Mark Boulanger (of Massa Nera / Our Wits That Make Us Men / Miriam / etc.) podcast
- a Tarquin review (I swear)
- DEAD HOUR NOISE exclusive interview (I swear)

***Interviews/live shows/premieres posted last month:
Lucas Norman (my son) podcast
NEW FORMS podcast
- OBROA-SKAI podcast
________________________________________________________________________

Any bands/labels that are interested in having their stuff reviewed, please email zegemabeachrecords@gmail.com: with "Open Mind Saturated Brain" as the subject. Please keep in mind that I don't review everything, just what jives with the blog. I will, however, listen to everything you send me. I would recommend emailing with an idea for a song/album premiere 2 months prior to that song/album release date for a much stronger chance at being reviewed on this blog. Bands that have already had their discography reviewed can also submit new albums for review if they include song/album premieres.

No comments:

Post a Comment