Sunday 15 May 2022

***JEROMES DREAM / SENZA / HAWAK live show review***

JEROMES DREAM / SENZAHAWAK
@The Vera Project in Seattle on May 13th, 2022

Live Show Review

Well holy shit. A screamo show. It's been so long. I've missed you so much.

It's weird sitting down to type this the following night. I feel like for the first time in three years I got see friends and hang out to the fullest. So many friends. So many smiles. Now I'm home and it's a mental shock that I wasn't prepared for. So what's the best remedy? Re-watching these killer bands and looking through the pics. Mmmmm, it's almost like I'm back there.

HAWAK
My friends, hooooooooly shit you have no idea how long I've been waiting for this. I've loved Matsuri forever and as soon as these beautiful humans dropped their Hawak demo I've been throwing their name around as "best active screamo band". Then they released 'nước' and I don't throw it around anymore, I just point people in the direction of my screamo pedestal. And live? Fuuuuuuck yes. I told the band later on that I don't think I've ever closed my eyes and swayed so much to a band in my entire life (as well as rocking the fuck out) and had to keep reminding myself that I should actually watch the band as they're literally in the same room as me. I also spent a large part of my evening with these three folks and I couldn't have asked for a better time.
(2022) HAWAK "realign + unseen" (from 'nước')
For fans of
Matsuri, Logs and Kidcrash

extra video: "nước + haiyan"
^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^

SENZA
Who loves Senza? Hmmm, seems about everyone in the screamo community and a bunch in the mathcore community do, yours truly included. The Eugene, Oregon band absolutely tore shit up and even played some new material! Ridiculously sick shit. Nothing more need be said.
(2022) SENZA "Tunnel Vision II + Born of Dirt + new song + Sentience" (most from 'Even A Worm Will Turn')
For fans of
Love Lost But Not Forgotten, Jeromes Dream and Republic Of Dreams

extra videos: "Misornithist""Echoes"
^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^

JEROMES DREAM
First show in three years? First show with Sean Leary from Loma Prieta/Stormlight/Beau Navire/etc. on guitar? First show without Nick on guitar? First time in Seattle since '99? Enough feedback to put my wife in a coma? Was it sick as fuck? Yes. Yes to all of these things. I even got to speak with drummer Erik about a plethora of stuff (including marketing degrees, bear attacks, future JD endeavors, etc.) and writing that down just now kinda blows my mind. I've loved this band since grabbing the cd discography back in 2003 or something, and seeing them live was fucking amazing. Fuck.
(2022) JEROMES DREAM "4"
For fans of
Republic Of Dreams, Deadseraphim and Louise Cyphre

extra videos: 1 / 2 / 3 / 5 / 6 / 7
^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^

~

No comments:

Post a Comment