Monday 7 August 2023

*** PODCAST #122 Yuri Arakaki (Bok Suna) ***


     The past few years I've been delving pretty hard into indie rock, bedroom pop, lo-fi folk, etc. so when I came across solo project BOK SUNA from Tacoma, Washington I fell in love. After agreeing to let me release her current discography on cassette through Softseed Music (linked here) I asked her to come on this podcast and here we are! We discuss a variety of topics including but not limited to: Kpop, inheriting musical instruments, writing the EP at 14-15 years old, "Ginseng" origin, the process of writing, 1938 the song and tattoo, Korean screamo, phone drums, playing shows, the future, talkin' bout screamo, etc. Bands played in this podcast: Apollo 18, Hedge Fund Trader, Hook, KikuoHana, Nicole Dollanganger and Yeah, No. Listen to podcast #122 which is available to stream and/or download for free via this link.

BOK SUNA
1 I'm Just Gonna Learn All the Instruments and Do This Shit On My Own
KIKUOHANA "ヒトガワリ" (Yuri)
NICOLE DOLLANGANGER "Alligator Blood (early version)" (Dave)

2 Compliment City
HOOK "Last Visit" (Yuri)
APOLLO 18 "The End" (Dave)

3 You're Probably Sick of All the Compliments But Screw You Here's Some More You're Amazing You're Ridiculous I Can't Believe That You Wrote That Stuff at the Age You Did
YEAH, NO "IV" (Yuri)
HEDGE FUND TRADER "One for One" (Dave)


~Dave

____________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment