Tuesday 15 October 2013

***LOMA PRIETA exclusive interview***

***LOMA PRIETA EXCLUSIVE INTERIEW***
 
OPENmind/SATURATEDbrain was lucky enough to talk to Sean, one of the founding guitarists/vocalists of LOMA PRIETA. If you haven't heard of LOMA PRIETA...ah, you've heard of LOMA PRIETA. The band last released a split 7"EP with Italian screamo founders Raein and basically tour non-stop. Under the interview I have included a full set from LOMA PRIETA when I first saw them at the end of 2011.

Here's an excerpt:
"What are your thoughts on the young generation? Your generation? The older generation?I am the older generation, I used to have to book tours through the mail and use an atlas and shit. Seriously though, mentalities have more to do with ethics than generations or age. Trust me that most people you meet in punk will not be involved in a couple years, that is one of the few lessons I've taken over the years. The difficulty of punk is that it's so elitist, which makes it alienating to be deeply involved in. I think that spans all generations of people involved."


Here's the full interview: www.zegemabeachrecords.com/loma-prieta-interview


Here's the full set from the first time I saw Loma, November 5th, 2011 - I think.

1 - "Apparition"
 
2 - Someone tell me. "Reproductive"?
 
3 - "Silhouettes" / 4 - I dunno.
 
5 - "Trilogy 1 Sick Cities" / 6 - "Trilogy 4 Momentary"
 
7 - "Worn Path"
 
8 - "Fly By Night"
 
9 - ?
 
10 - "Vermillion River"
 
11 - "Surrounding"
 
Check out other reviews with LOMA PRIETA:
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Got to see these guys at Gilman maybe 2 years ago and my eardrums hurt for about a week. The feedback in between songs really did some damage. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete