Thursday 14 March 2024

*** AUTUMN exclusive song premiere ***

AUTUMN
"winter hug"
exclusive song premiere
For fans of
: Sorecausaqich and Twinfield

orders open March 26th on Softseed Music

     Nearing summer I will begin posting more indie rock stuff, as that has dominated my ears for the past year. Just a heads up. I reckon once per month you'll see a post for that kind of stuff, with everything else remaining the same as it's been for the last 12 years.

     As I continue my immersion into the softer stuff, when I find stuff I really like I put that shit out on my label Softseed Music, which is where this post fits in. After speaking with this artist over the past year I was finally sent their EP in full and was immediately smitten. Five tracks of gorgeous, uplifting, and poppy indie rock that incorporate vocaloid, with today's premiere being the closer of 'Autumn', titled "winter hug". The vocal melody that hits in the chorus is superb. Tapes release March 26th on Softseed Music over two variants and a coupla test dips.


(2024) AUTUMN "winter hug" (from 'please be happy')

     The songs begins immediately with the opening verse, skipping through the first 36 seconds, after which the first chorus kicks in with the most ethereal and gorgeous vocals I've heard this year. If the verses are like running through a flowery field (and I think they are) then the chorus is like standing atop a mountain slowly spinning arms wide in overwhelming joy. The song hits the verse and chorus twice in a row before moving into the bridge/outro that includes a focus on the instrumentals and features a lone guitar solo followed by minimal keys. So fucking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment