Wednesday 29 November 2023

*** BLACK TEETH exclusive premiere ***

BLACK TEETH
'Black Teeth'
exclusive album premiere
For fans ofVersus The Mirror, Seasons Worn, We Were Skeletons, Constrain and The Fall Of Troy


     I got sent this a month or so ago and immediately asked if I could get the EP premiere for it. Voila! Today is the day!!! Tapes in December from Oliver Glenn Records! Instead of me giving the intro, you should hear it directly from the source:

"My name is Tyler Keir based out of Ann Arbor Michigan and BLACK TEETH is my solo project. I have played drums in Welman and Joyous and also mixed Morning Dew’s album pulp and their songs for their most recent split. However i have focused most of my attention towards this project for the past year and a half. My influences for this EP are mainly bands like We were skeletons, la dispute and a lot of early 2000’s post hardcore bands like Silverstein, Atreyu, Hawthorne Heights etc. All music was written, recorded, mixed and mastered by me at Dark farm studio in Michigan. There are no upcoming shows for BLACK TEETH but hopefully someday I will have a full band line up. Next release for BLACK TEETH is a split with Morning Dew."

(2023) BLACK TEETH 'Black Teeth' full EP stream


     So this thing houses five tracks which I'll fire through:
1) "Watching airplanes crash" - this sounds as in line with traditional screamo and metallic hardcore as it does with post-hardcore, giving me vibes from: Circle Takes The Square, Pianos Become The Teeth, The Jonbenet, Linger, Fall Of Troy, Seasons Worn, goddamn the list goes on, but at the same time this project really doesn't sound like a copy of any band
2) "DOG" - probably my favourite of the bunch, this one is the shortest and gives me mad metallic hardcore/Versus The Mirror vibes in the best ways possible
3) "Dying in the mouth of cancer" - this rides some punchy-ass riffs Fall Of Troy style with an excellent epic build that chills out after the one-minute mark before swinging back around again, making it just as good as the preceding track
4) "Stay out" - latches on to a catchy post-hardcore progression early, switching gears just before the halfway point to a much screamier and cathartic second half
5) "I found your limbs in the wreckage" - this closer is pretty playful and includes the most experimentation on the EP, and is probably where the most We Were Skeletons influence presents itself

No comments:

Post a Comment