Friday 22 April 2022

***ANCHORESS release show w/BRASS + STUTTR

ANCHORESS release show

w/BRASS and STUTTR

@Red Gate on Friday April 15th, 2022
Live Show Review


In 2019 I put on Zegema Beach Records Fest and a band called Friolento played. It through that connection that I met Ricky from said band, and we stayed in contact over the years. In late 2021 he sent me 'Stay Positive' by ANCHORESS, which was another project he was in, doing bass duties. It wasn't screamy enough for Zegema Beach and I sat on it for a few months jamming it every few days. After a month or two it was apparent that I was obsessed, and asked if Tomb Tree could release some tapes, with the album just releasing less than a month ago. And it was on Friday April 15th, 2022 that they held their release show, and obviously I went and filmed the entire set, as well as a few songs from the supporting bands who kicked ass. I also grabbed some ANCHORESS 12"s which I've just put up for sale (or grab them from Early Onset Records who put on the show!!!), and don't forget to go through the proper geographical link here if you'd like a tape from yours truly.



STUTTR
Super quirky, sassy, screamy, rock music for those seeking experimentation. Awesome stage presence. Lotsa glitter. Ricky and I were talking and he likened them to The Blood Brothers which is definitely accurate but the band has a lot more going on than just that, so jam these three videos and decide for yourself. And then uhhhhh, tell me lol

(2022) STUTTR
https://youtu.be/HneY4uBxhxo

For fans ofThe Blood Brothers, Q And Not U and Desiderata
\additional video here/
^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^

BRASS
Also from Vancouver, this band brought the rock and the punk and the hardcore and made a nice balloon animal out of the three. Anchoress even went as far as saying that this band stole the evening. Super nice people and fucking awesome stage presence, my only complaint is that the set was a bit long.
(2022) BRASS
https://youtu.be/7Dx8JrzlnOo

For fans ofMeth And Goats, and Rye Coalition
\/
^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^

ANCHORESS
I was ridiculously hyped for this set and it did not disappoint. The band played the new album in full from front to back and kicked ass whilst doing it. There were waaaay more people singing along with the band (and myself) than I had expected but it made the entire thing all that much more special. Every member of the band came over to me and thanked me for making their tapes and they were all super kind and genuine. Expect at least one of them to pop up on a future podcast!
(2022) ANCHORESS Full set
https://youtu.be/51jl6s0tG8I

For fans ofMillion Dead, Marathon and At The Drive In
\/
^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^

~

No comments:

Post a Comment