Wednesday 29 December 2021

***OPHELIAC exclusive song premiere***

OPHELIAC

"wake up!"
exclusive song premiere


For fans ofGrimes, Boards Of Canada, Nicole Dollanganger, Purity Ring, Black Marble and Grouper


OPHELIAC

Another premiere! This one is for OPHELIAC's first single off of the incredible new album 'anthesis' releasing in about 24 hours from Softseed Music. I first met Ophelia (the brainchild of Opheliac) during our podcast centering more around her screamo band Burial Etiquette (podcast linked here), and it was here that I learned about Opheliac. Where am I now? Fucking smitten. Her new album is sensational, bringing together acoustic, synth, gothic, 80s inspired, electronic/folk music and will likely turn major heads if you dig Grouper, Grimes, Boards Of Canada, and Purity Ring. The album has some serious attention to mood and layering, and the flow is beautiful as it starts with synthy 80s pop and ends with acoustic folk.

The cassette version will feature different artwork by none other than Kyle Calvert Design and will go up for pre-order when the full album goes up tomorrow (December 30th, 2021) via the Softseed Music bandcamp as well as in both Zegema Beach Records stores. I will be ordering the cassettes today so I reckon they won't ship until late February/March as the supply chain disruption and covid are slowing things down at the duplication plant.


(2021) OPHELIAC "wake up!" (from 'Anthesis')


"when I first started recording music, I wouldn’t stray too far from doing soft loops paired with haunting vocal melodies. It felt warm, and it felt safe. I guess this track in particular is a more advanced version of who I used to be, and the sound I always wanted out there. It is pretty scratchy and mixed in an almost lo-fi fashion, but I think it stayed true to what I wanted out of it. I fight with putting too much reverb or not enough, so I think it was a good outcome. I ended the track with a recording of a local restaurant I frequented, it wasn’t too busy, but I was people watching while I was editing it and made me happy to capture a day I wasn’t feeling too low."

No comments:

Post a Comment