Monday 1 July 2013

***JULY 2013 mp3 Mix***

(((((OPENmindSATURATEDbrain)))))
JULY 2013 mp3 MIX and updates

Alright people, (((((OPENmindSATURATEDbrain))))) has survived the face of death, missed posts, people cancelling shit and my own laziness. This is probably due to the surprisingly large amount of traffic the site is garnering. Also, bands are being absolutely amazing! I've got 3 interviews on their way back to me. I've got 3 more going out in the next 2 weeks. This month will feature a guest review by none other than JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE! I mean...my good looking friend whom JT resembles. He knows his shit. Lastly, I've been talking to some phenomenal bands that will be including EXCLUSIVE / UNRELEASED mp3 tracks on these mixes in the future! That will begin next month! Holy shit. I'm excited.

Next month is going to be big - as I'm getting the hell off of BlogSpot. This system is ridiculously crappy - but then again, that's why it's free. Considering the interest in this blog and the fact that I'm trying to help promote bands, I will be switching over to a decent framework and layout as of August. Feedback would be greatly appreciated - on the old look and the new!
________________________________________________________________________

So, on the 1st of every month, I will be posting a ZIP file with songs for the upcoming month with ALL specifics deleted from the tags, so unless you already know the band, there is NO information regarding each track. During the month, I will post reviews for those bands and link the tracks to the review so you can associate the two together. This way you can listen to a new song/band and have little-to-no bias.I have reposted the June mix below:
 
This mix will be reviewed during the month of July (also known as, right freaking now)

 
The mix that will be reviewed in August has been posted below and features:
-a Canadian post-rock/metal band that takes Isis' formula and injects even more atmospheric melodies
-a post-hardcore band with more chops and afros than At The Drive In (not really, but they come 
  really close)
-some amazing screamo bands, both new and old
-2 songs by punk groups that do not sound very punk (one decides to play rock, while the other
  decides to play some ska/post-hardcore/screamo)
-4 mind-blowing bands that you've (probably) never heard of.
 
________________________________________________________________________

I've got some rare records on sale HERE on Ebay. Check it out if you feel inclined. I ship worldwide.

Any bands that are interested in having their stuff reviewed, please email sambuca_dave@hotmail.com with the subject line: "Open Mind Saturated Brain"

No comments:

Post a Comment