Monday 28 December 2015

SUPERMACHINER

GenresElectronic / Post-Rock / Ambient / Noise / Avant-Garde / Experimental
Related artistsConverge, Blue/Green Heart, Euclid, Kid Kilowatt, Sevenpercentsolution, The Hugenots, Some Kind Of Hate, Daltonic and Irons.
CountryBoston, Massachusetts USA
Years Active2001
Song: "I Am Legend"
Album: "Rise of the Great Machine"
Year: 2001
For fans ofExperimental stuff. I dunno, this isn't within my comfort zone to compare.
Label(s): Deathwish Inc. / Icarus Records / Undecided Records / E-Vinyl
This post's artist is from the November 2015 Mix. This is track #7.
You can download: the December Mix#12 right here or get the new January 2016 Mix#1 here.

I first purchased 'Rise of the Great Machine' when it was released as it was when I was first discovering all of Converge's side projects with some ridiculous results, aka Old Man Gloom, although now we also have Mutoid Man. It was interesting for what it was but it never really appealed to me all that much. "I Am Legend" is pretty cool but otherwise I don't listen to anything by the collaboration of Jacob Bannon, the vocalist of Converge and master of Deathwish Inc. and Kurt Ballou, the guitarist of Converge, producer and creator of God City Studios. I just found out that 'Rust' was released back in 2009 but I didn't check it out until just now. It must be a b-side/remix/demo album and worth a listen if you haven't heard 'Rise of the Great Machine' because you can experience both albums as (I'd presume) they were meant to be heard...? It's 30 tracks spanning hours of rigorous, ambient brain stretching. Basically, if you like experimental, noise, drone (inspired by Swans and Bauhaus) and Jacob Bannon you'll love this. I don't. It's alright.

________________________________________

DISCOGRAPHY

2001 - Rise of the Great Machine cd/2x12"LP (located on 'Rust' LP)

2009 - Rust 2xcdLP (stream/buy here)

________________________________________

(2001) SUPERMACHINER - "I Am Legend" (from 'Rise of the Great Machine')

________________________________________

SUPERMACHINER additional links

________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment