Friday 23 August 2024

*** DRIVE YOUR PLOW + TERRIFYING GIRLS' + MOURN RECIF + DESPERATE END live show review ***

DRIVE YOUR PLOW OVER THE BONES OF THE DEAD / 

TERRIFYING GIRLS' HIGH SCHOOL /

MOUR RECIF /

DESPERATE END


@Red Gate in Vancouver on July 18th, 2024

Live Show Review

Oh damn I got to play at Red Gate with some bands I've been jamming/watching for years. Another killer show tomorrow in Victoria for the Skramz Slam (poster at the bottom)!

DESPERATE END
This opener was on the experimental hardcore end of the spectrum, as the vocalist wore a mask and the band swaggered around during their set. Seems like they've got a single song on bandcamp but I reckon more is coming!
(2024) DESPERATE END
^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^


DRIVE YOUR PLOW OVER THE BONES OF THE DEAD
I've been a big fan of this band since their demo came out, and holy shit did they blow away my expectations. Absolutely gnarly emo-violence from Vancouver. Come see them tomorrow (Aug 24/2024) when they play with my band in Victoria!!! They've got a new LP coming out soon on No Funeral and Middle Man!
(2024) DRIVE YOUR PLOW OVER THE BONES OF THE DEAD

For fans ofSenza and Valeska Suratt

extra videos: #2 / #3
^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^


MOURN RECIF
It was nice of them to sandwich the band I do vocals/guitar in between two such amazing bands, and I think we did alright. After the gym show the stage seemed a bit cramped and my vox were way too loud, but the reception was great and both "Twelves" and "Pink Lemonade" sounded pretty decent! Come see us play Aug. 24th in Victoria!!!
(2024) MOURN RECIF "Twelves"

For fans ofFuneral Diner and A Paramount A Love Supreme

extra video: "Pink Lemonade"
^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^


TERRIFYING GIRLS' HIGH SCHOOL
My good friends in TGHS closed out the show with their sassy, hilarious, danceable sound. I'm pretty sure they've got more stuff in the works as they played at least one new song. I hope to get them over to Vancouver Island soon!
(2024) TERRIFYING GIRLS' HIGH SCHOOL

For fans ofThe Blood Brothers and Mass Movement Of The Moth

extra video: #2
^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^
 

~

Next Show!!!
August 24th, 2024 in Victoria, BC

No comments:

Post a Comment