Saturday 30 March 2024

*** LIFE IN VACUUM + THE DOG INDIANA + DASTARD live show review ***

LIFE IN VACUUM

THE DOG INDIANA / DASTARD


@Lucky Bar in Victoria on March 29th, 2024

Live Show Review

I'm starting to get back into the cycle of seeing a lot of shows and I couldn't be happier about it. Besides the most recent Emma Goldman show and this, expect reviews of the Comeback Kid/Spy show in Victoria as well as the first few Mourn Recif shows, a few of which will be with Hillsboro and Bok Suna (bands on CanaDave's Softseed Music label). Trekking out to this on my lonesome was a tad daunting but I got hugged immediately by a few friends upon entering and all of my worries dissipated, and I even made a few new ones while there. This show was all-around amazing and I can't wait to get more involved in the Vancouver Island scene over the next 3 months with at least 5 shows that I'll be playing.

DASTARD
     The opening band was very, very up my alley. Sounding like a slightly more accessible Die Princess Die (I'm looking at the first LP in particular), I absolutely loved that groovin' bass over maniacal drums, weirdo guitars, and yelled vocals. I'm hoping to get these dudes out to Duncan so they can play with my new band. Super impressed!
(2024) DASTARD "1"
For fans ofDie Princess Die and Fugazi


extra video

^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^

THE DOG INDIANA
     Holy shit! I'd never heard of this band but after a friend told me they jammed Unsane and The Jesus Lizard I had a grasp, but goddamn they were even better than that! It was unhinged, screamy, groovy, fun, and heavy all at the same time. I would argue that I didn't even catch their best songs, as they are even better than the below video suggests. Be sure to check them out!
(2024) THE DOG INDIANA "2"
For fans ofTricky Woo and Ken Mode


extra video

^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^

LIFE IN VACUUM
     Oh ma gawd, ma boyeez. I met them waaaaay back at this early show in the blog's history and I've been on LIV train ever since...which is a decade in exactly two weeks! Playing almost exclusively material from 'Lost', they had the room movin' and groovin' with their slightly slower-paced and rock-oriented material mesmerizing the room. They were even chanted into an encore and played "Apartment" which I've embedded below. They've got another 7 or so days left on tour so see'em if you can!
(2024) LIFE IN VACUUM "Apartment" (from 'All You Can Quit')
For fans ofBlue Youth and Congratulations


extra videos: Lost / Try Again / Lately

^\/`~~~~---------------00oOo00---------------~~~~'\/^
 

No comments:

Post a Comment