Saturday 1 July 2023

*** PODCAST #117 Jesse Lough (The Monarch, No Data) ***


     In 2022 I did a podcast with Mares Of Thrace, in said podcast Trez showed me The Monarch who happened to be on the island that I live on...yet I hadn't heard of them. I jammed. I loved. I saw them play. More love. So I invited Jesse Lough (vocals/guitar/founding member) over to my place for a chat. Straight up, it was nice having someone in the same room as me again. So if you haven't checked out the band yet you should probably do that first. I recommend "Committed To Burning" which is just fucking perfect. Be on the lookout for a full LP in the near future! Things discussed in the podcast: free studio time (w/caveat), Linkin' Park and drop-tuning, the correct pronunciation of post-metal, shifting lyrical content and religion, upcoming material, Mares Of Thrace vs. Bass Players, Gifts From Enola discography reveal, bands they'd love to play, Russian Circles discussion, fave releases of 2023, etc. Bands played in this podcast: Black Sheep Wall, Braveyoung, Gifts From Enola, and Monuments Collapse. Listen to podcast #117 which is available to stream and/or download for free via this link.

THE MONARCH

NO DATA


1 'Hybrid Theory' Dominated the World
BLACK SHEEP WALL "Modest Machine" (Jesse)

2 Are you shitting my balls?
MONUMENTS COLLAPSE "Starvation" (Dave)

3 It's shaped how I write stuff.
BRAVEYOUNG an excerpt from "The Days That Sat in Front of Everything" (Jesse)
GIFTS FROM ENOLA "The Vision of Ruby Turpin" (Dave)


~Dave

____________________________________________________________________

full set live video
https://youtu.be/YK6pgr1B27U

_____________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment