Friday 15 February 2019

***KAFKA. exclusive song premiere***

"Partir et découvrir"
exclusive song premiere

My good friend Nate who runs No Funeral Records sent me KAFKA. from Prague's new two-song EP and asked me to choose one song to premiere. After jamming it, twas a tough decision, but I gotta go with the second, title-track "Partir et découvrir". The EP is being released by No Funeral Records on 25 limited cassette with handpainted splatter shells. I strongly recommend picking this up, it's A) fantastic and B) very limited.

(2019) KAFKA. "Partir et découvrir" (from 'Partir et découvrir')
Having previously jammed the band's 'demo', this was much better than I had anticipated. The recording and production and better while the band is much more focused on expanding on the parts of their songs that were the best, and shedding the excess. The European screamo/post-hardcore influence is undeniable (think Daïtro) and the opening is chock-full of dancey, driving emo. At 50 seconds the song slides seamlessly into a dreamy groove that brings to mind Swedish powerhouse Vi Som Älskade Varandra Så Mycket and comparisons to fellow Czechs Rutka Laskier being quite accurate indeed. A very good song and EP indeed!

Lyrics:
je ne me sens pas très bien
assurément je me fais vieux, mais ce n´est pas grave
c´est la nature - vivre pour la mort
ce qui me rend inquiet ce sont les circonstances
surtout la possibilité de mépriser cet appel
et de ne tirer des conséquences de notre situation fondamentale

j’essayais d’exprimer la raison de l´amertume, la raison de la distance
j’essayais d’exprimer pourquoi le malentendu entre moi et vous
je ne peux pas perdre mon temps à suivre le même chemin

laisse la foule! les mots qui résonnent dans ma tête de plus en plus
comme je me trouve dans des situations qui ne me donnent aucun sens
quitte cette ville et laisse ces gens! oh je connais cette demande
mais ce n´est pas facile: ne sommes-nous pas nous-mêmes à travers les autres?
et d´ailleurs qu´est-ce que celà veut dire: d’être seul?

mais ces mots m´appellent encore: “laisse la société et ses habitudes vénéneuses”
mais ces mots m´appellent encore: “cherche à te reconnaître dans l´inconnu”

*

I do not feel very well
certainly I got old, but it doesn´t matter
itès nature, living for death
what makes me worried are the circumstances
especially the possibility to ignore this appeal
and not to draw consequences from our fundamental situation

I´ve been trying to express the reason for my bitterness
the reason for the distance
I´ve been trying to express why the misunderstanding
between me and you
I can´t waste my time following the same path

leave the crowd! the words that resonate in my head more and more
as I find myself in situations that make no sense to me
Leave this city and leave these people! oh I know the command
but it is not easy: are we not ourselves through the others?
And besides what does it mean "to be alone?

yet these words still call me: "leave society and its harmful habits
yet these words still call me: "try to recognize you in the unknown

*

necítím se moc dobře
samozřejmě že stárnu, ale tím to není
je přirozené, že žijeme ke smrti
tím, co mě trápí, jsou okolnosti
především fakt, že mohu přeslechnout tuto výzvu
a nevyvodit důsledky z naší základní lidské situace

snažil jsem se vyjádřit důvod mé hořkosti, mé distancovanosti
snažil jsem se vyjádřit, proč je mezi námi podivné nedorozumění
nemohu již ovšem ztrácet čas následováním stejné cesty

odejdi!" rezonuje mi v mysli stále častěji, když se nacházím v situacích, které mi dávají čím dál
menší smysl
odejdi z tohoto města a opusť tyto lidi!" - ach ovšem, znám tento příkaz
ale není to snadné: nejsme snad sami sebou skrze druhé?
a co ostatně znamená "být sám?

stále však slyším tato slova: opusť společnost a očisti se od jejích zhoubných návyků
stále však slyším tato slova: hledej sebe sama v neznámém

ADDITIONAL LINKS & WHATNOT

No Funeral Records
Bandcamp
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment